Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post subject: Re: !Game Backwards The
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
But surely if I summoned the first demon in the outer regions, that would be the spawning point for all of them? I don't understand how they are suddenly past the wall. Does the wall even have its defence bonuses any more?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:54 am 
I worked it out by hand. Fourteen demons inside the wall, forty-one outside of it.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Yes, the second demon emerges in the custard, and the third on the offshore oil platform. The rest follow the obvious pattern. Time snap, remember?

And I'm still waiting on the results of Jorodryn's assassination attempt, Kitoba. I don't mind if you cut corners. I can't really do anything else until that's resolved. I understand if you're a little busy, but, well, :foot-taps:

If the general survives, he's going to shift my orchards away from the chaos gate. Any unoccupied hex in my territory will do. Large target bonuses will apply.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:05 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Look, I only had one action this round and now it's out in the open. I can't comment on the other stuff because it was all supposed to be secret. But now thanks to you drache knows that I am the one that is trying to kill his general. This game is not that difficult. You're making rookie rules mistakes, either that or you are doing it on purpose. Everyone has given you a lot of leeway, but honestly fixing this 3 turn mistake has exposed too much. I really hope it was an error, for your sake. At least we're about to figure out where the demons finally ported in.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:24 pm 
Ha! By rule 32, your spell has backfired on your own teammate. Instead of Jorodryn's demon summoning spell killing drache's general outright, it will now only cast a general stasis spell over the entire game.

To spell it out ( :pun: ha ha!) , the three turns you would have lost anyway will now each take an entire month, and we'll all lose them. Oh, and there's also demons spawning in random places. :kzk:

So pretty much a total screw up. See you guys in three months.

At least I'm sure the game will never go through such a long hiatus again.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
The first Demon definitely appears beside drachefly's general. But are you sure the second one ends up in the custard? What about the third one, where did it go? And the rest? I don't get how this happened. But it doesn't matter as long as the first demon does its job. Something that was supposed to stay secret... remember?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:38 pm 
I think my general's magic resistance extends an anti-summon shield. Demon #1 can't appear there.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:55 pm 
OK, OK. *rolls dice* First demon, right on top of drachefly's general where it will probably eat him. Second demon, in the custard. The rest pop out all over the place.

I guarantee there is nothing drache can do to stop this.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm 
In reaction, I install my salad spinner as a prosthesis replacing my left hand. That keeps 99% of them from materializing anywhere near me.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:02 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Okay. I finally have the power to pull this off. I summon my Demon. It should materialise just in the outer region close to Drache's General. Due to the magic circle binding my allies their prepared demons automatically follow without any power requirements. Though of course this means that they are a bit more unstable and harder to control.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:20 pm 
My Frogmen move in to swarm Kitoba's fortress... and... umm. I rolled 6 on 3d20. I guess that's-a-that for THAT offensive. Fallback plan: I move my General and the Scissors Brigade between my orchard and the Chaos Gate, and invoke his Supreme Counterattack ability.

Our Dirigible, Peach, and Movement production balances the opposing AA, Worm, and Slime production, respectively, and anyone moving faces an untenable risk of being impeached through the Chaos Gate. While I hold the Calvinball, it's stuck in neutral territory, between the China Sea Atlanteans and the Minnesota Dairy Caliphate.

Hmm. I believe that's a stalemate (until our MP amounts reach the thousands, at least, when Steave can finally reach the severely escalated cost for summoning his Time Demon again). Better than any other move I have left, I guess.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:26 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
See I told you you couldn't break through my defences that way.

I'm sure by now everyone knows why I'm holding up here so.

I make toast!

Time Toaster adds my Chronotons to my MP and increases at a cumulative rate.

This time it's going to work (with a few minor differences)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:38 pm 
*tries anyway, fails to break through Steave's defenses*

Crap.

Well, if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that no one's making any toast anytime soon.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:21 am 
Wait. He may not be a strict ally, but I can't afford to have you (ETA: Kitoba) win that. I apply my orchard oligopoly to his defense. That gives him a +4 bonus for unlimited jam, AND if you lose he'll get your toaster. And this fight is big enough, it will get to level first. I know you've been going for Nova Toaster, but he could really use a Gatling toaster, or the Ice Toaster, or... sheesh, how about I not spill all the best tactical ideas to a very temporary ally?

I'm just saying, I just shifted your odds of success from 72% to 55%, and made the cost of failure much higher, so I'm pretty sure you want to call that attack off now. Please? I'd rather not face the consequences of you either winning or losing if you go ahead with it.

Last edited by drachefly on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:59 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Hmm ...

Well I can see no way around it. I'm going to divert all of the power from each of my factories (Yes! Even the hamster factory!)
I know they'll be destroyed by that wave but the power will go into protecting my kitchenette. I will also close the cat door and, as my electronic cat is inside, I shall harvest it for parts.

Hahahahahahahahahah! And they called me mad?! I'll show them mad!!!

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness