Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:48 am 
Talk about your shades of Firefly....

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:24 am 
balthazar wrote:
Talk about your shades of Firefly....

Well, yeah.

Stature aside, Oasis and River Tam have a lot in common.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:30 pm 
This isn't exactly a prediction. I'm sort of predicting where the comic won't go, but I actually think it will go in that direction... I can almost see the dialogs happening already...

...but we're all assuming that this video is for Oasis. Pete has hinted that Torg is going to make the move to bring Oasis in - now. He even sent Zoë away, because he's ready to do that - now. All the more hinting with Torg wearing hearts and hearts and hearts... And Pete has never misled us...

...but Torg knows that Schlock, Kusari, and any number of hC goons, know exactly what he looks like and are salivating over the internet waiting to pick him up. Likewise, he's well aware that Schlock wants Oasis himself. So what message could Torg possibly send Oasis that hC wouldn't decipher and pretty much beat him/her to it? What plan could Torg possibly have that would get around hC profound readiness to 'capture' Oasis? (Not that Oasis is capturable for long, as she's already demonstrated)?

Could this be a classic Pete misdirect, and the video is actually directed elsewhere? If so, what could Torg possibly have in mind? Who could this message be for, if not for Oasis?

One possibility - that is pretty much ruled out by Torg's outfit - is that he could just tell Oasis that he's being held captive by hC and point the loaded gun right at hC headquarters. But that doesn't much look like an outfit that a prisoner would wear... So I'm guessing that's not the direction that he's got in mind...

Any thoughts??

Mmmm. I have only one... What if the video is actually directed at what's left of the (demon) cult of poopypants. What if Torg is (inadvertently) setting up the big tangle? Nothing would make Schlock poop his pants more than the thought of poopypants being released... Just sayin'....

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 am 
Maybe, but I think he going to try doing one of those big stunt marriage proposals. Those things are go-to viral bait, and it serves the dual purpose dragging Oasis out of hiding after it's...eh "successful" in whatever so-bad-it's-good way that ends up being. Being viral circumvents having to send the video directly to Oasis - Katie would totally stumble across that being shared on Bleater and no doubt accidentally show it to Oasis. I predict a comic where the HC base IDs Torg in the video, celebrates, then immediately freaks out because he just gave up their location to an immortal assassin.

In fact, I think Torg's video is going to be TOO successful, and end up airing everywhere as people all across the globe come together to make fun of Torg. Truly a hero for our time

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:26 pm 
YP -- On the one hand, I have to agree with you, because I can see similar conversations between Oasis and Katie and at hC headquarters. I am guessing that pretty much every Sluggite has - which is why I'm at least half-expecting another of Pete's classic misdirects.

There are quite a number of holes that need to be plugged and threads that need to be tied off before this story is ready to end... So if the misdirect is not the video, then Torg's plan goes horribly wrong - at first.

One of the threads that appears to be tied up, and yet is not, is poopypants. That story seemed to have such a 'tight' ending, and yet there was all this build up from the fate spider(s) about the big tangle. That is one rather big plot thread that Pete is going to have to deal with before bringing this story to a believable close. And I think Zoë is key - not Oasis. Yet for now, she is gone.... Not that Oasis' rather large plot line also needs to be put to rest.

And I'm just not clear how we get there from a video....?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:43 am 
I don't know man. I thought Six Months Later was going to transition into the Holidays, since the Mohkadun gods are also a huge dangling plot thread who will need tied up before the end. Obviously that didn't happen, so who knows. Maybe Pete just wants to keep things small for now, and set up just the major characters before bringing in the vast number of secondary factions

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:08 am 
I really think that hC and Oasis are the focus here, and that the gang is going to fail to stop hC, which will set things up for the return of Poopypants.

Six Months Later, the setup for this story, featured no updates on any of the cult activity, after all.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:20 am 
You know, it's interesting. The only reason I bought Torg and Riff splitting up is because of how adverse Riff has always been to confrontation (er...socially) and just generally opening up. We know he's a brilliant problem solver, but he never learned the lesson he was supposed to from his time in 4U - in fact I think it went completely over his head that all he did there was perpetuate the same cycle that was always going on. Compare that to Torg in the Dimension of Aylees or the Dimension of Lame. He makes the effort to leave each world at least a little better than he left it, even when he doesn't have to, and not because of some sense of moral superiority.

Riff, not so much. His active avoidance of all events that parallel the DoR has pretty much lead him straight down the same path. Because of that, I definitely agree they're going to fail to stop HC, because Riff clearly needs to be shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's leading everyone toward the same doom before he'll ever get it through his thick skull that he needs to change his ways.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:52 am 
Torg can just obliquely ask Oasis to meet (and marry) him at some place he and she know about but Hereti Corp does not. Something like: "I know that I was a real jackass the last time we tried to get married, and then my friends showed up and you got a bit hot under the collar, but if you'll meet me at the same place I'd really like to try again."

Did Hereti Corp ever find that mountain top?

Edit: looks like I was right about the place.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:51 pm 
OrzBrain wrote:
Edit: looks like I was right about the place.

Well, yeah - that's where most of us were figuring that he'd say. OK, so far, no Pete classic misdirects... I'd say that I was the first to call Schlock finding Torg through this video, but that was way too freaking obvious... And that's what's bothering me about this: the next few steps are way too freaking obvious.

[Such as: Even though they're off the grid, Katie is a teenager - she is not going to not be on the internet. She will find another way to 'run away' and sneak on... Or... Oasis is in the middle of offing and robbing another bad guy when the video pops up on one or all screens in the home or office they're in (that scenario could be amusing...). Or... they're (Oasis and the Zalias) risk going to a restaurant or convenience store somewhere and it pops up on the TV screen where they're at.]

OrzBrain wrote:

That's the question. I'm pretty convinced that they would have to figure this out. How could they miss an unexplained 'explosion' somewhere in the northeast U.S. - or not know who had to be behind it?

So the next question: Does Torg plan on hC finding them? Did he think this through?

This is where the 'too freaking obvious' starts getting hazy......
So what happens at the cliff?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:11 pm 
OrzBrain wrote:

Given that Riff was there, and that he was still an hC freelancer then, I'd say "yes".

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:30 pm 
RamenChef wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:

Given that Riff was there, and that he was still an hC freelancer then, I'd say "yes".

Yeah... there's no reason hC shouldn't know about the cliff. And Torg should know that. So either he's playing it straight and intends to force Oasis into a massive battle with hC right there, or there's a secret message somehow buried in this video. At least, those are the two possibilities that don't include the potential that Torg is suddenly a complete moron.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 am 
Been a while,since I made a prediction. So here we go!

Torg waits and waits but Oasis doesn't show up because she's avoiding the internet.

HC just watches every single cliff in Jersey (or maybe the entire US?). They see him camping out there.

Torg gets taken.

Oasis finally sees video and goes to rescue torg.

She struggles when seeing him, but finally (mostly) breaks free of the hypnosis. Everybody happy!
(She still holds urge to kill Zoe, but can suppress it for comedic effect)

Also, Riff gets a cat, making Kiki go into a jealous rage.

Bunbun naps.

Finally: sluggy.net people continue to argue over who Kusari is. Pete never tells.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 pm 
Riff, who knows where the cliff is, shows up to take vengeance on Oasis for roasting Zoe and nearly roasting him.

AND/OR

Bun-bun figures out what's going on and follows Torg to take vengeance on Oasis, just like he promised Zoe he would.
http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20110915

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:22 pm 
hC troops arrive at the remains of a quaint Poconos resort to set a trap, but see repeated warnings to "check for air supply" until they are attacked by a deranged former chaplain driven mad by runaway karaoke. ;)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat